You can work, for example:
- On the nose: the elevation or lowering of the tip, as well as the alignment of the back;
- On the lips: stretching or increasing volume;
- In the eye area: the elevation of the eyebrows (eyebrows);
- On cheekbones: defining or increasing projections;
- On the chin: the increase in width, height or projection;
- In the jaw: stretching and definition.
It is also worth noting that, in addition to being indicated for those who want more balance and harmony for the face and for those who want to enhance their natural features, facial harmonization also works for those who want to soften the effects of time on appearance< /strong> — this is the case, for example, with the appearance of wrinkles and flaccidity, as well as the loss of facial volume.
The procedures that make up the aesthetic solution
As mentioned above, facial harmonization is the application of a series of facial treatments aimed at meeting the needs, dissatisfactions and expectations of each patient. But, do you know what these treatments are? Check out the main ones below!
Among the main procedures that make up the facial harmonization:
1) The use of botulinum toxin
Among the main functions of botulinum toxin in facial harmonization is the lifting or correction of the angles of the eyebrows. However, the substance also works to soften the lines of expression on the face, caused by the action of time – this is the case of the popular “crow’s feet”, for example, which are those wrinkles around the eyes; the lines around the mouth and the wrinkles on the forehead.
To achieve these effects, the botulinum toxin is injected into specific muscles of the patient’s face, through a very fine needle, acting to weaken only the wrinkle-producing muscles – thus preserving the facial expressions of those who undergo this process .
2) Filling with hyaluronic acid
The application on the face of filling substances, such as hyaluronic acid, works to increase facial volumes, or to replace facial volume that has been lost over time. In this way, it is possible, for example, to obtain a better contour of the face; increase thin lips; correct asymmetries; even out furrows such as the Chinese mustache and deep dark circles; eliminate or smooth out wrinkles; and even improve the appearance of scars.
It is worth noting here the existence of an innovative method in the application of hyaluronic acid: the one known as MD Codes —short for the expression “Medical Codes”. This method, in turn, consists of applying the acid to specific points in each region of the patient’s face, which results in the potentialization of the desired effects in some facial areas.
To learn more about this procedure, check out the advantages and contraindications of MD Codes in facial harmonization!!
3) The Silhouette application
The so-called Silhouette Suture is a thread with immediate tensor effect, produced with polylactic acid, which, through a fine needle, is inserted between the skin and the fat layer of the face – in areas such as the facial contour, the jaw, the cheeks , on the cheekbones, eyebrows and neck.
The tensor effect thread is used to stimulate the formation of collagen in the body. It is also capable of redefining the contours of the face, recovering the volumes that were lost and, also, reducing sagging and facial wrinkles. Over time, the Silhouette Suture is fully absorbed by the body.
4) The Harmonyca
Harmonyca is a product that has both Collagen Biostimulator and hyaluronic acid and can treat patients with a deficiency in skin quality and volume at the same time in the same session.
5) The application of Sculptra
Also known as Poly-L-Lactic Acid, Sculptra is an injectable substance (in deep layers of the skin) that has the ability to stimulate the production of collagen fibers in the body. In other words, the substance, which acts from the inside out, helps to smooth the signs of aging and improve the patient’s skin sagging.
6) Inserting PDO support wires
Through PDO support wires, it is possible to promote the repositioning and support of the tissues of the face and neck — consequently, this practice helps in the patient’s facial harmonization. In this procedure, threads composed of the so-called Polydioxanone (PDO) are inserted (through a needle) in specific points on the face – these threads are also gradually absorbed by the body.
PDO support threads are ideal for those who want to eliminate or smooth the Chinese mustache, lift the cheekbones, restore the natural contour of the face and neck, as well as recover the firmness and smooth appearance of the skin and also reduce the unwanted and the popular “double chin”—which is that leftover skin that is located just below the chin.
7) The Radiesse application
Radiesse is a biostimulating gel, composed of calcium hydroxyapatite microspheres, which activates the production of collagen in the body. The substance is used, especially, to recover the volume and natural contours of the patient’s face, as it can be injected into regions that need volume, precisely – such as the cheeks, chin, jaw and temples, for example.
The biostimulating gel is also used to fill in wrinkles and expression lines and to support the skin on the face, improving sagging in the area.
8) The Ellanse
Elanse is polycaprolactone, another product widely used in the market for the biostimulation of collagen with high density and volumizing potential!
Also called nasal bioplasty, rhinomodeling is a nasal filling technique that uses substances such as hyaluronic acid and calcium hydroxyapatite. The objective of this procedure is, precisely, to correct the imperfections of the patient’s nasal contour.
But is it possible to see the results of facial matching right away?
Through a combination of the procedures mentioned above (which will take place according to the needs and expectations of each person), the patient can have – as we have said here – their natural characteristics enhanced, as well as a greater balance between volume, shape and the angle of all parts and elements of the face.
In general, the first changes already appear immediately after the facial harmonization. But, the end result in these cases—as in most cosmetic procedures—can only actually be observed after the swelling of the worked areas has subsided. As a general rule, this takes around 15 to 30 days after carrying out the harmonization procedures. After this period of one month, the patient’s face is evaluated and, if necessary, undergoes any retouching.
It is important, however, that the patient is aware that facial matching results are not usually definitive. In other words, to keep them up to date, it is necessary to redo the procedures from time to time, as indicated by the doctor. In the case of botulinum toxin, for example, the duration of results is about four to six months; fillers such as hyaluronic acid, in turn, last between 12 and 18 months.
It is also worth remembering that facial harmonization is made up of minimally invasive and non-surgical treatments, and that is why it usually provides those who undergo it afast recovery. Swelling and redness may appear in the treated areas, but these are temporary effects present only in the first few days after performing the procedures. Facial harmonization processes also do not usually prevent the patient from continuing with their daily activities.
Contraindications, pre- and post-treatment of facial harmonization
In general, facial harmonization is contraindicated for pregnant women and for whom:
- has any autoimmune disease;
- is undergoing cancer treatment;
- has some infection on her face;
- takes immunosuppressive drugs, those used to reduce the activity or efficiency of the immune system (they are mostly used by transplant recipients — so that the body does not reject the transplanted organ);
- has the flu, sinusitis, a runny nose or undergoing dental treatment.
However, as with surgical procedures, one must be careful with the period after the facial harmonization process, making many product applications on the same day is not usually a normal practice.
The pre- and post-treatment of facial harmonization, in turn, are very particular, since there is a large variety of procedures that can be applied to the face. For each situation, there will be a different preparation and post-treatment — these guidelines will be specified by the physician in question, and must be strictly followed by the patient.
It is crucial, therefore, that the patient details his current health situation to the professional, in addition to providing information about intolerances and allergies, for example.
How to choose the right professional to perform facial harmonization
First, it is worth noting that facial harmonization procedures require qualified and experienced people to perform them. This is the case of plastic surgeons, highly qualified to perform facial harmonization procedures – since these professionals:
- Have the necessary qualifications from years of study in plastic surgery;
- They know, in detail, the anatomy of the human face —which is composed of tissues, muscles, nerves, blood vessels, fat, among other aspects and elements;
- They can guide the patient about the recommended technique, in addition to informing themselves about the patient’s specific condition – assessing whether they are fit for treatment;
- They have in-depth knowledge both about the correct and most efficient way to perform the techniques chosen for the patient, and about the products used in these techniques — and preferably, already have experience in their application.
These requirements are a way to reduce the chances of an artery in the facial region being unduly affected or even of the products being deposited into a vein or being used in the wrong quantities. Situations like these can cause consequences such as exaggerated swelling and redness, deformities and, even in more severe cases, skin necrosis – which is the death of cells or organic tissue.
For this reason, it is crucial for the safety of those who intend to undergo facial harmonization, as well as to achieve the best possible results, look for qualified and properly trained professionals.
The best option in this regard is always search for good references in the market.If this professional is a plastic surgeon, for example, he must be registered with the Regional Council of Medicine and be member of the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgery.
Other points that the patient should consider when looking for the right professional to perform their facial harmonization are:
- Regarding the place where the cosmetic procedure is performed: It is essential that the clinic in which the professional works offers an impeccable space, especially regarding hygiene. Working with modern equipment is also important.
- As for the materials and products used by the professional: The materials and products used in performing the facial harmonization, or any other technique in the area, must also be of the highest quality. Poor quality products can cause serious harm to the patient’s health, as well as generate results far below the patient’s expectations with the procedure.
- Regarding the opinion of those who have already performed aesthetic procedures with that professional or clinic: Seeking to know the experiences of other patients in aesthetic procedures (if possible, in facial harmonization), is among the best ways to evaluation of a particular professional, or clinic in question — one should even seek to know about the two points above.
All of this helps the patient to find the best professional to carry out the harmonization processes. Reinforcing: duly trained physicians in the technique are essential to maintain the safety and health of those who undergo facial harmonization — qualification is also essential to achieve the best possible results that the aesthetic intervention can offer.
The good news is that plastic surgery clinics that provide aesthetic treatments, as well as their professionals, are constantly evolving. They are increasingly prepared to give patients what they want in a safe, practical, less and less invasive way — and with more natural results.